Sunday, February 28, 2010

FAQ: What should I write in my logbook?

My students often ask this question, so I thought I'd blog my answer, so I can refer to this later. Also, maybe if you have any ideas about what ELSE you should put in your logbook you can leave a comment here and my students will see it.

Your logs are for you, so what you put in them is up to you.  I would record
  • basic tables information (depth and time), 
  • weights and with what kind of wetsuit for future reference,
  • when and where and with whom (dive providers almost always have stamps they can stamp in your logbook)
  • and a description of the dive (your impressions)
  • you should also have an instructor or buddy signature
You're looking at my dive logs: http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment